I love a good, easy snack. I'm constantly on the go and need foods that fuel me, as opposed to making me more hungry.
I've never really been a granola gal, but the other day I thought, "why not?" So here is my condensed version of a classic go-to snack.
5 Minute Granola
- 1/3 cup organic almond butter
- 1/3 honey (we buy ours from our local bee keepers so we get all the goodness)
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla (optional - we chose not to add this, but fee free to make it your own!)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon organic cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free, organic oats
- Preheat oven to 315 degrees (yes, that's low, but trust me). Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper and set aside.
- Mix together the almond butter and honey in a medium mixing bowl until smooth. Stir in the cinnamon, vanilla (if you want), and cocoa until mixed well.
- Add in the oats and stir/fold over until they are well coated.
- Spread the mixture onto the pan in an even layer.
- Bake at 315 degrees for 20 minutes, then mix around and bake for another 10 minutes. This helps make the granola extra crunchy!
- Let it cool completely before eating. Be sure to store in an airtight container.
Granola on, friends!